Preventing winter playing havoc with your skin..
As soon as the cold winds start to blow and the central heating gets turned up, our skin can suffer. Dry skin is a common problem in winter, so here are 5 top tips to help boost skin moisture:
1. Avoid hot baths and showers. As tempting as they are in the cold, a hot bath or shower will dry out your skin. Turn down the temperature to luke warm, if you can bear it!
2. Cleanse your skin using a gentle cleanser (soap free) and pat your skin dry (no rubbing).
3. Get into a moisturising routine morning and night if you don't already have one. If you do have a good routine, check your products and make sure that they will support your skin in winter. Think about also adding in a serum to your routine to give an extra layer of nourishment and moisture. Look out for skin care that is rich in vitamin C and E and doesn't contain any harsh chemicals.
4. Even though it might be a while before we see the sun, look for skin care that has built in sun protection. Even on the dullest of days, it's important to protect your skin with a sunscreen.
5. Remember to drink plenty of water - a cup of hot water with a slice of lemon or lime is a filling and warming winter drink that will help to keep you hydrated.
For a good quality range of skincare I would recommend Arbonne products - mineral oil free, vegan approved, and without any nasty chemicals, this botanically based range is gentle on skin, but gets results. For more information and samples, please contact me using the contacts page